I am loving MarketGoo and want all my customers to have an account! It gives great SEO tips!
Here’s their advice for writing good blog posts:
How to Write a Good Blog Post
When you are writing or reviewing your blog posts, make sure that you go through all the following elements:
- Headline: the 6 words that count most are the first 3 and the last 3. Try to think of what many people refer to as ‘clickbait’, in a positive way, this means a headline that the user will want to click. Turn the headline into a question, a list (uneven numbered lists tend to do better, for example: “9 ways to make sure you’re buying the right paint”), negatives (“how to never make this mistake again”) or talk to your audience (“for small businesses in need for an event planner”).
- Length: long and well researched content tend to do best. Make sure you write posts with more than 1200 words.
- Personal Narrative: make sure that you include an anecdote of a personal nature, or share a moment of truth within your company. Readers are more likely to identify with this, and the earlier in your post you include it, the better.
- Rich media: Enhance the articles with multimedia such as photos and videos. In addition, putting an image at the top right or top left of your blog post forces the text to accommodate and become easier to scan for the reader.
- Subtitles: divide your post into paragraphs with subtitles, readers like to scan posts.
- Quotes: readers love to share quotes on social media, so make sure you have a couple of ‘quotable’ phrases, and help the reader out by bolding them, or inserting them as a quote or image.
Why is this important?
If you are creating blog posts that have great content and are about an interesting subject but are formatted and presented in a way that is unappealing to the reader, it won’t get shared and readers possibly won’t even reach the end of your post. Make it easy for them to love it and share it!